Sara is a Pre-licensed Professional Counselor in Nashville, Tennessee. She earned her Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Belmont University. Sara’s medical background in nursing and kinesiology blends beautifully with the practice’s specialization in trauma and chronic illness.
Why work with Sara?
During her graduate program, Sara completed her clinical internship at Woman Emerging, LLC. She primarily worked with adolescent and adult women recovering from domestic violence, codependency, sexual trauma, and emotional abuse. There she curated a unique, focused style of therapy that combines somatic exercises, creativity, and evidence-based therapies.
Sara operates from the perspective that the healing process is not about changing ourselves. Rather, healing is simply creating space for the seemingly dark, ugly, and shameful parts within us. She believes that these parts want to be seen and accepted, just as we all do.
Adolescent and Adult Individuals Struggling With:
- Chronic Illness and Pain
- Life-Threatening Illness
- Emotional Abuse and Neglect
- Religious and Spiritual Abuse
- Life Transitions
- High Sensitivity (HSP)
- Family of Origin Issues
When working with clients, Sara encourages the client’s body and inner wisdom to drive the progression of the session. She believes that healing occurs as we gently move towards non-resistance and self-acceptance. This process catalyzes the body’s innate medicine to transform emotions, the conscious, and the subconscious mind.
Typical therapy modalities and interventions include:
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Somatic Focused Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Art Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Compassionate Inquiry
- Mindfulness and Meditation
Education and Trainings
- Master of Arts, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Belmont University
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing, University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology, University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Registered Nurse, Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Brainspotting Level 1 (Oct 2021)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Usui Tibetan Reiki Level 1 & 2
- Holy Fire Reiki Level 3 / Master
After completing her Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Sara solo-traveled to Cusco, Peru and volunteered at Madre Teresa of Calcutta. There she provided basic physical therapy to the mentally and physically disabled children and teens.
Email our Client Care Coordinator, Jenna Currie, at Admin@TraumaTherapyNashville.com for more information or to schedule a session with Sara.
Sara’s Session Fee is $125 per clinical hour (50 minutes).