Demystify meditation and learn a variety of meditative practices, including mindfulness.
Trauma Therapy of Nashville will be offering a virtual Guided Meditation and Mindfulness Group. Join Gena Leone, LMSW, for this 6-week series: Start Date/times will be determined soon!
HOW CAN GUIDED MEDITATION AND MINDFULNESS HELP ME?
There is a lot of research that supports the benefits of meditation. Here are some, just to name a few…
- Calm the nervous system while reducing anxiety held in the body
- Improve your overall sense of well-being
- Increase and expand creativity and focus
- Gain acceptance and increase compassion
- Lower heart rate and blood-pressure
- Reduce symptoms of Anxiety & Depression
- Reduce reactivity and hypervigilance
- Strengthen your immune system
WHAT TO EXPECT:
You will learn the difference between Mindfulness and other types of meditations. Every week we will explore a different method of meditation. Through lessons, practice and discussion you will gain a better understanding of how to integrate Mindfulness and other forms of meditation in your personal and professional life.
Gena Leone, LMSW. Gena has 20 years of experience teaching and facilitation guided meditation in a variety of settings with diverse populations.She is also a Certified Usui Reiki Master & Hypnotherapist, and utilizes these skills in her practice.
BEST SUITED FOR:
- Those experiencing anxiety, depression, chronic pain, stress, PTSD or burnout
- Those that have always wanted to try meditation, but didn’t know how
- Those that are curious about all the benefits of mindfulness and would like to incorporate it into their self-care practices
- Those who have been afraid to try meditation because you just can’t sit still or stop thinking
- You are looking to connect with a safe, non-judgmental community
**($30.00 per person per week for 6 weeks. $90.00 due upon registration and $30/per person per week thereafter for the remaining 3 weeks.)**
*If there is a financial concern, please speak with Gena before deciding not to sign up!
HOW DO I SIGN-UP?
For More Information and to register: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.