Pamela is a trauma therapist and highly values trauma-informed and collaborative care with other practitioners and has experience working with complex trauma, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), developmental trauma, neurodivergence, addictions, relationship issues, blended families, adoptees, relationship trauma, and chronic pain. She also has a growing interest in working with psychedelic medicine and is excited to explore this work with clients!
Pamela is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Nashville, Tennessee and works with individuals as a primary therapist, as well as collaboratively with clients and therapists to engage in trauma intensive work.
WHY WORK WITH PAMELA?
Pamela enjoys working with those who have experienced trauma and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Most recently Pamela has worked in residential and outpatient settings for mental health and addiction, including The Ranch TN and JourneyPure. She is very comfortable working with a wide variety of complex trauma, personal identities, life experiences, and cultural backgrounds. She has extensive experience and enjoys working with a wide range of religious backgrounds, immigrant and migrant populations, cultural beliefs, socioeconomic differences, and mental health diagnoses.
Pamela has also worked in a university setting, counseling students, staff, and faculty dealing with stress, anxiety, family-of-origin issues, relationship difficulties, life transitions, religious trauma, racial trauma, sexual trauma, cultural and ethnic differences, and personal identity issues.
Pamela attended a group supervision I was leading and I immediately knew this was someone I wanted clients to be able to work with. She’s very skilled and knowledgeable when it comes to working with trauma and the nervous system. Pamela creates a non-judgmental space for clients to feel excepted and process deep, rooted issues. I think it’s important that therapists are passionate about what they do. Pamela not only has passion, but she continually seeks out opportunities to learn and grow her skills. I’m grateful to have her on our team!
-Melanie Reese, Owner TTN
As a trauma therapist, Pamela focuses on the whole person, using a trauma-informed and person-centered approach. This allows clients to receive individualized care based on their unique needs. She works with clients to develop and achieve their treatment goals using experiential and somatic interventions that focus on what lies beneath the symptoms so you can discover opportunities to more fully heal and become who you want to be.
how do i know if we Are a good fit?
Pamela works with adult women, men and non-gender conforming individuals struggling with challenges including but not limited to:
- Chronic anxiety
- Adverse life experiences
- Chronic depression
- Relationship challenges
- Family of origin issues
- Identity struggles
- Effects of systemic oppression
- Existential dread
- Survivors of ritualistic abuse, domestic violence
- Chronic pain and illness
ways you might be experiencing symptoms of trauma:
- Perfectionism/fear of failure
- Extreme boundaries/rigid or porous boundaries
- Feeling on edge all the time/hyper-sensitive to external stimuli (jumpy, highly reactive)
- Experiencing intense emotions/feeling out of control and highly reactive
- High Anxiety (panic attacks, inability to sleep or relax, racing thoughts)
- People pleasing tendencies/tendencies to put others needs ahead of their own
- Disassociation/sensations of feeling out of body or numb
- Fear of abandonment
- Fear of getting close to others or letting others close to you
- Nightmares, night terrors
- Missing memories/unable to recall chunks of time
- Hypervigilance behaviors
- Addictions (substances, activities)
- Obsessions (thoughts and behaviors)
- Suicidal ideations (passive and active)
- Feeling that no one understands
- Lack of self-worth
- Suicide attempts
- Chronic physical symptoms that “have no cause” (psychosomatic symptoms)
- Feeling like living in a survival mode
- Having to stay distracted or busy all the time, afraid to be alone
EDUCATION & TRAININGs
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice University of North Alabama
- Master of Arts, Conflict Management, Lipscomb University
- Master of Marriage and Family Therapy/Counseling, Trevecca Nazarene University
- Master of Science, Accounting and Information Systems, Middle Tennessee State University
- Master of Business Administration, Middle Tennessee State University
- Brainspotting Level 4
- Internal Family Systems Level 2
- Emotionally Focused Therapy Pre-Certified
- Somatic Experiencing Level One
- Nonviolent Communication
- 500 Hours of Therapeutic Trauma-Informed Yoga Instruction
- Civil & Family Mediation
- PREPARE and ENRICH Certification
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Emotionally Focused Individual & Family Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Play Therapy
FEES & SCHEDULING
Sessions are base on the standard 50-minute therapy hour.
- 50 min (1-hr) Individual Therapy Session: $180
- 90 min (1.5-hr) Individual Therapy Session: $270
- 50 min (1-hr) Couples Therapy Session: $225
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please email: email@example.com