- Are you unable, despite your best efforts, to change which emotions you have, when you have them or how you experience or express them?
- Do you have a history of addiction, disordered eating, self-harming behaviors or unhealthy relationships?
- Do you have a desire to reduce or stop ineffective behaviors?
If so, a DBT Skills Group could be a great tool for you to get started or add to your therapy process!
Trauma Therapy of Nashville will be offering a great new virtual DBT Skills Group for Women. We are currently enrolling for this group and will choose a start date depending on sign-ups. Email Gena@IntegrativeTherapyNashville.com for more information and to get signed up!
This will be a closed group. This means that each participant will be screened to make sure this group is the best fit for their needs. Once the group begins, enrollment will be closed. This helps to create a safe environment to process and connection among the group.
WHAT IS DBT?
Dialectical Behavior Therapy was created by Marsha Linehan, Psychologist. It is a type of Cognitive Behavior Therapy used to change ineffective behaviors. Using Mindfulness as the backbone, DBT focuses on 3 primary modalities; Distress Tolerance, Emotion Regulation, and Interpersonal Effectiveness skills. All three of these skill-sets combined with the ability to hold two seemingly opposite perspectives at once, promote balance and help to avoid black-and-white or all-or-nothing thinking.
DBT creates the tools needed to live an effective and balanced life, and can help improve the ability to regulate emotions, tolerate distress and negative emotion, live in the present moment, and communicate and interact effectively with others.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The emphasis of this group is to teach these skills in a way that is applicable to everyday life. Each week will include a new lesson from each module with an opportunity to practice the skill throughout the week. This will be offered for one hour per week for twelve (12) weeks.
Each week will provide a short review, a new lesson and short practice session. There will be opportunities to interact and ask questions. Homework will be provided at the end of each group.
Gena Leone, LMSW. Gena has several years of experience teaching DBT skills and was trained by Michael Maslar, Psy. D. She has worked in a variety of settings with a diverse population, including disordered eating and substance use and abuse.
BEST SUITED FOR:
- Those looking to experience a safe, non-judgmental and supportive, skills group environment online
- Those that would like to learn how to become more effective at reducing reactivity, impulsivity and improving your relationships
- Those that could benefit from learning how to reduce vulnerability to therapy-interfering behaviors and quality-of-life interfering behaviors
The cost for this DBT Skills Group is $40.00 per week ($480 for 12 weeks). A payment of $240 (half) is due at time of enrollment.
*If there is a financial concern, please speak with Gena before deciding not to sign up!
HOW DO I SIGN-UP?
For More Information and To Pre-Register for the Class:
Please email Gena@IntegrativeTherapyNashville.com