Join our community of dedicated therapists and enhance your clinical skills with the transformative power of Brainspotting! Our experiential and consultation group provides a supportive and enriching environment where you can expand your expertise, deepen your understanding and connect with local Brainspotting professionals.
Why Join Our Consultation Group?
- Professional Growth: Expand your therapeutic repertoire and gain advanced clinical skills by immersing yourself in the world of Brainspotting. Our consultation group provides opportunity to learn from experienced Brainspotting practitioners, receive personalized feedback and engage in enriching discussions that will enhance your practice.
- Peer Support and Networking: Connect with a community of therapists who share a passion for Brainspotting! Engage in collaborative exchanges, share insights and build professional relationships that can offer ongoing support and opportunities for collaboration.
- Case Consultation: Receive guidance and consultation on complex cases from a seasoned Brainspotting practitioner. Our consultation group provides a space to discuss challenging clinical scenarios, explore innovative treatment strategies and gain valuable insights from the collective wisdom of the group.
- Advanced Practice Opportunities: Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in Brainspotting by accessing exclusive practice opportunities and a wealth of knowledge from the collective group.
- Professional Development Credits: For those seeking licensure, receive up to 3 hours of supervision credit while also contributing to your ongoing professional development.
Statement of Inclusivity
We welcome practitioners of all backgrounds and levels of experience who are interested in integrating Brainspotting into their practice. Whether you’re a seasoned practitioner or new to Brainspotting, our group provides a supportive space for learning, growth, and collaboration.
This space is welcoming and accepting of those of diverse ethnicities, identities, genders and abilities. We welcome all ranges of social, financial, religious and political standings. We respect and value each other’s differences and strive to practice tolerance and inclusivity.
The intention of this space is to serve healing practitioners and the Nashville community through teaching, supporting and promoting growth and healing. We engage in this space with full respect for all of you, each other and ourselves.
For PRACTITIONERS who:
- Have completed (at least) Brainspotting Level 1 training
- Interested in developing and practicing Brainspotting skills
- Want to connect with other practitioners working with this modality
Each group will consist of a mixture of the following:
- Fishbowl practicum where participants can volunteer (1-on-1 with group observing). Material can be personal or processing of a client case (Yes, we can do that with Brainspoitting!)
- Break out sessions to practice setups with other participants
- Discussion around Brainpsotting philosophy, setups and client cases
This group will be facilitated by Melanie Reese, LMFT, CCTP. She has extensive knowledge in working with those healing from trauma and is a Certified Brainspotting Therapist.
When: 1st Wednesday of the month, 9:30a-12:00p
Where: Trauma Therapy of Nashville – Music Row – 1305 16th Ave South
I’m a pre-licensed therapist. can i get supervision hours for this?
Yes! Melanie is an AAMFT Approved Supervisor. If you are an MFT working towards licensure, you can receive 3 hours of supervision.
Email us at Admin@traumatherapynashville.com for more information and to join the group!