Why Work with Michelle?
She treats adolescent and adult men and women struggling with:
Athlete Mental Health
As a former athlete and avid sports fan, Michelle has a special interest in athlete mental health. In athletics, mental health is frequently overlooked with physical health and performance often taking priority. Athletes at any level of the game can find themselves grappling with personal struggles. Working with a therapist on issues related to mental health and chronic pain can be beneficial for athletes at any level:
- Professional Athletes
- Amateur Athletes
- Retired Athletes
Symptoms or issues that athletes are prone to experiencing might include:
- Fear of failure
- External pressures and high-pressure expectations
- Life transitions
- Self-efficacy and self-image issues
- Body image concerns and eating disorders
- Substance abuse
- Suicidal ideations
- Injuries and injury rehabilitation
- Loss of personal identity following injury or retirement
When working with clients, Michelle focuses on the whole person, using a trauma-informed and person-centered approach. This allows clients to receive individualized care based on their needs. Michelle works with you to develop and achieve your treatment goals.
Education & Trainings
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Tulane University
- Master’s of Education, Human Development Counseling, Vanderbilt University
- Mindfulness Facilitation
- Clinical Hypnosis
- Master’s Level Clinical Therapist, Osher Center for Integrative Medicine
- Master’s Level Clinical Therapist, The Ranch
- Master’s Level Clinical Therapist, Freeman Recovery Center
- Vanderbilt Program in Interprofessional Learning
- Brainspotting Level 1
Email our Client Care Coordinator, Jenna Currie, at Admin@TraumaTherapyNashville.com for more information or to schedule a session with Michelle.
Michelle’s Session Fee is $145 per clinical hour (50 minutes).