Michelle is a nationally certified counselor and a Pre-Licensed Professional Counselor in Nashville, Tennessee. She earned her Master’s degree in Human Development Counseling with a specialization in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Vanderbilt University. Michelle was a natural fit with Melanie’s practice, as she highly values trauma-informed and collaborative care with other practitioners and has experience working with chronic pain. We are excited for clients to have access to Michelle’s experience and knowledge!
Why Work with Michelle?
Throughout her graduate program, Michelle worked in residential and outpatient mental health settings, including The Ranch and Freeman Recovery Center. Michelle completed a 9-month internship at the highly respected Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, where she was trained in mindfulness facilitation and clinical hypnosis. Concurrently, she served on the Vanderbilt program for Inter-professional Learning Team, collaborating with members of various disciplines to both learn and provide excellent patient care.
She treats adolescent and adult men and women struggling with:
- Relationship and family of origin issues
- Life transitions
- Identity struggles
- Chronic pain and illness
Athlete Mental Health
As a former athlete and avid sports fan, Michelle has a special interest in athlete mental health. In athletics, mental health is frequently overlooked with physical health and performance often taking priority. Athletes at any level of the game can find themselves grappling with personal struggles. Working with a therapist on issues related to mental health and chronic pain can be beneficial for athletes at any level:
- Professional Athletes
- Amateur Athletes
- Retired Athletes
Symptoms or issues that athletes are prone to experiencing might include:
- Fear of failure
- External pressures and high-pressure expectations
- Life transitions
- Self-efficacy and self-image issues
- Body image concerns and eating disorders
- Substance abuse
- Suicidal ideations
- Injuries and injury rehabilitation
- Loss of personal identity following injury or retirement
When working with clients, Michelle focuses on the whole person, using a trauma-informed and person-centered approach. This allows clients to receive individualized care based on their needs. Michelle works with you to develop and achieve your treatment goals.
Education & Trainings
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Tulane University
- Master’s of Education, Human Development Counseling, Vanderbilt University
- Mindfulness Facilitation
- Clinical Hypnosis
- Master’s Level Clinical Therapist, Osher Center for Integrative Medicine
- Master’s Level Clinical Therapist, The Ranch
- Master’s Level Clinical Therapist, Freeman Recovery Center
- Vanderbilt Program in Interprofessional Learning
- Brainspotting Level 1 – Coming October 2020
Email our Client Care Coordinator, Jenna Currie, at Admin@TraumaTherapyNashville.com for more information or to schedule a session with Michelle.
Michelle’s Session Fee is $145 per clinical hour (50 minutes).