Michelle is a nationally certified counselor and a Licensed Professional Counselor in Nashville, Tennessee. She earned her Master’s degree in Human Development Counseling with a specialization in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Vanderbilt University. Michelle was a natural fit with Melanie’s practice, as she highly values trauma-informed and collaborative care with other practitioners and has experience working with chronic pain. We are excited for clients to have access to Michelle’s experience and knowledge!
Why Work with Michelle?
Michelle is a true gift to her clients! Her combination of therapy skills, softness, humor and getting to the root of issues makes her a “go-to” in the field! It’s important for therapists to be collaborative and integrative and Michelle does this so well! Michelle has been with me from the beginning and I’m beyond grateful to have her on our team!
-Melanie Reese, Owner TTN
She treats adolescent and adult men and women struggling with:
- Relationship and family of origin issues
- Life transitions
- Identity struggles
- Chronic pain and illness
Athlete Mental Health
As a former athlete and avid sports fan, Michelle has a special interest in athlete mental health. In athletics, mental health is frequently overlooked with physical health and performance often taking priority. Athletes at any level of the game can find themselves grappling with personal struggles. Working with a therapist on issues related to mental health and chronic pain can be beneficial for athletes at any level:
- Professional Athletes
- Amateur Athletes
- Retired Athletes
Symptoms or issues that athletes are prone to experiencing might include:
- Fear of failure
- External pressures and high-pressure expectations
- Life transitions
- Self-efficacy and self-image issues
- Body image concerns and eating disorders
- Substance abuse
- Suicidal ideations
- Injuries and injury rehabilitation
- Loss of personal identity following injury or retirement
When working with clients, Michelle focuses on the whole person, using a trauma-informed and person-centered approach. This allows clients to receive individualized care based on their needs. Michelle works with you to develop and achieve your treatment goals.
Education & Trainings
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Tulane University
- Master’s of Education, Human Development Counseling, Vanderbilt University
- Mindfulness Facilitation
- Clinical Hypnosis
- Master’s Level Clinical Therapist, Osher Center for Integrative Medicine
- Master’s Level Clinical Therapist, The Ranch
- Master’s Level Clinical Therapist, Freeman Recovery Center
- Vanderbilt Program in Interprofessional Learning
- Brainspotting Level 1
If you are ready to take the next step and would like to get connected with Michelle, email our Client Care Coordinator at Admin@traumatherapynashville.com. You can also complete this online prescreen and our Coordinator will reach out promptly!